Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Weekend

I know this is a week late - I'm sure you'll get over it.
I had a noteworthy Easter in Lilongwe. I got to spend some quality time with a number of other EWB types including Mr. Kang, my good friend Colleen, Alynne, Megan, Anna-Marie, and Garrett (whose blog I haven't been able to scrounge up. Lettner, Ashley and Enam were also around a bit, but they missed most of the hijinks.

Work was done (as Mike can tell you) and fun was had. There was a delicious eggplant BBQ with guacamole made from fresh avocados - the avocados are plentiful and GIGANTIC these days.

There was also an Easter Sunday spent attempting to make kites which quickly morphed into a paper airplane making contest on account of not having any string which in turn evolved into a series of attempts to make branded EWB airplanes = flying light bulbs for short.



And while retreat was not too long ago, it was really nice to see people again. Friends are great to have and great to see often, and I had some quality time with the ones that made it to Lilongwe. It was really great to have the quality time.

(Oops... I never did tell you about the monkeys, did I? Sorry about that...)

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Wow those are pretty impressive kites/paper planes!

We could definitely spend a lazy afternoon launching these of the roof of the office building. Fun & outreach!

DISCLAIMER

The point of this blog is to share my experiences and perspectives on my experiences as an OVS, the politics of my world, the wonders and tragedies of my communities, and anything else that finds its way into my average little head. Keyword: "my."

The opinions expressed on this blog represent my own and not those of my employer or any organization I may be affiliated with.

In addition, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time. I consider this a necessary consequence of having an open mind and a natural result of the experiences that this blog chronicles.
Furthermore, I enjoy reading other peoples' blogs, and commenting on them from time to time. If you run across such comments, the opinions expressed therein also represent my own and not those of my employer or any organization I may be affiliated with, nor should you expect the views in those comments to remain static for all time. Feel free to draw your own conclusions about my formal political leanings and affiliations from the slant of those blogs, with the understanding that those conclusions are probably wrong.

(props to daveberta for inspiration on the wording)